December was a good reading month for the last of the year, and the decade. This decade of reading was very interesting for me. Whereas I’ve always loved reading, college and grad school made it difficult to really read for fun. In 2018, I immersed myself back in reading, started my bookstagram, and read 38 books. In 2019, I finished with 162 books, with 17 being in December alone.
I also started reviewing books on Netgalley in 2019, so I opened myself up to a whole new world of ebooks and being able to read them without having to purchase them first. I read a total of 45 Netgalley eARC’s in 2019, which is amazing to me. Below I detail my December 2019 reads!
- The Start of Me and You, Emery Lord – 4/5 stars
- The Kiss Quotient, Helen Hoang – 5/5 stars
- Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating, Christina Lauren – 5/5 stars
- Twice in a Blue Moon, Christina Lauren – 4/5 stars
- The Simple Wild, K.A. Tucker – 5/5 stars
- Not the Girl You Marry, Andie J. Christopher – 4/5 stars
- The Big Love, Sarah Dunn – 2.5/5 stars
- The Stars We Steal, Alexa Donne – 5/5 stars
- The Map From Here to There, Emery Lord – 4/5 stars
- No, We Can’t Be Friends, Sophie Ranald – 4/5 stars
- Temptress, Lola Dodge – 3/5 stars
- How to Build a Heart, Maria Padian – 4/5 stars
- What the Other Three Don’t Know, Spencer Hyde – 3/5 stars
- The Sound of Stars, Alechia Dow – 4/5 stars
- Ink in the Blood, Kim Smejkal – 3.5/5 stars
- Of Rioters and Royals, M.L. Greye – 5/5 stars (reread)
- Entwined Paths, M.L. Greye – 5/5 stars (ARC provided by the author)
The Big Love by Sarah Dunn was my last read of the year, and unfortunately it just wasn’t for me. Planning on reading a book that I KNOW will be amazing as my first read in 2020 to make up for it! I hope you all had a great reading month, and decade! Comment below and let me know if you’ve read any of these, are looking forward to reading any, or something you read and loved in December!
Happy reading, folks!