Happy end of January folks! It’s always the month that will never end, and I swear today is January 57th instead of the 31st. However, I still did not manage to read my entire planned TBR, but I got pretty darn close!
I ended up switching up some of the Netgalley books because I got approved for a few in early February at the last minute, so I had to switch some titles over to February’s TBR (check back tomorrow for that post!). I was a little stressed over this because I had 3 books due February 4th that I hadn’t read yet and only 9 days to read them all. BUT I managed it and my last second approval ended up being one of my favorite reads this month!
So without further ado, see below for my 16 finished books this month! I had a nice even split of physical books and ebooks, which was one thing I wanted to be more conscious of this year!
- City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments #4), Cassandra Clare – 4.5/5 stars
- City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5), Cassandra Clare – 3.75/5 stars
- City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6), Cassandra Clare – 4.25/5 stars
- Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1), Cassandra Clare – 4.25/5 stars
- Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices #2), Cassandra Clare – 4/5 stars
- Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices #3), Cassandra Clare – 4.25/5 stars
- My Favorite Half-Night Stand, Christina Lauren – 3.75/5 stars
- Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered #2), Tessa Bailey – 4.5/5 stars
- The Silvered Serpent (The Gilded Wolves #2), Roshani Chokshi – 4.25/5 stars
- The Shrike & the Shadows, Chantal Gadoury & A.M. Wright – 3/5 stars
- Unravel the Dusk (Blood of Stars #2), Elizabeth Lim – 4.5/5 stars
- Heart of Flames (Crown of Feathers #2), Nicki Pau Preto – 3.75/5 stars
- Break in Case of Emergency, Brian Francis – 3/5 stars
- The Kissing Game, Marie Harte – 3/5 stars
- The Gravity of Us, Phil Stamper – 4.5/5 stars
- When We Were Magic, Sarah Gailey – 5/5 stars
BOOKS I DID NOT GET TO AS PLANNED
All of these books have been bumped to February’s TBR, with some additions of course!
- The Women’s War (Women’s War #1), Jenna Glass – I’m actually about 170 pages into this right now, just couldn’t get super into it so moved onto something else!
- Queen of the Unwanted (Women’s War #2), Jenna Glass – couldn’t read it without read the first!
- The Wicked Fox (Gumiho #1), Kat Cho
- The Beckoning Shadow (The Beckoning Shadow #1), Katharyn Blair
- The Electric Heir (Feverwake #2), Victoria Lee
- Havenfall (Havenfall #1), Sara Holland
Overall, I don’t think I did too bad! I planned to read 19 books, and managed to read 16. Let me know in the comments how many books you accomplished, and if we read any of the same!
Happy reading, folks! And happy almost February!