April wasn’t the best reading month for me, about halfway through I got very unmotivated to read and didn’t pick up a book for 10 days. So I threw my TBR out the window and just checked a bunch of romance books out of the library to end the month. And honestly, it was the best decision I’ve made reading wise in a long time. Sometimes, you just need to mood read, and I was not in the mood for any of the books I thought I “should” be reading.
To hell with what you “should” read. My new philosophy is to read what I want, at least until my wedding is over and I can focus more on reading. I still plan on reading ARCs and fulfilling my publisher requirements as much as I can, but I’m going to be much more free spirited about it for the next few months.
So below is my full wrap up. Still managed 14 books even though it was a harder reading month for me.
- Vicious Spirits (Gumiho #2), Kat Cho – 4/5 stars
- Crier’s War (Crier’s War #1), Nina Varela – 4/5 stars
- The Ex Talk, Rachel Lynn Solomon – 4.5/5 stars
- Twice Shy, Sarah Hogle – 5/5 stars
- Second First Impressions, Sally Thorne – 4/5 stars
- The Roommate, Rosie Danan – 4/5 stars
- Much Ado About You, Samantha Young – 4/5 stars
- Ten Rules for Faking It – 4/5 stars
- Before I Saw You, Emily Houghton – 4/5 stars
- Dustborn, Erin Bowman – 3.5/5 stars
- Hurricane Summer, Asha Bromfield – 4/5 stars
- It Had to Be You, Georgia Clark – 4/5 stars
- The Secret Bridesmaid, Katy Birchall – 4/5 stars
- Talk Bookish to Me, Katie Bromley – 3/5 stars
Did we read any of the same books? Any on your TBR? Let me know!
Happy reading, folks!