August slipped away into a moment in time, cause it was never mine…
Yep, still listening to folklore like it’s my job. Kudos to you if you got that reference. Anyway, we’re officially at the end of August and frankly 2020 is exhausting me. So much is happening in the world that is making up more divisive then ever, even within our own little booksta community. Black Panther is now resting in power. My dad has been hospitalized 3 times this year, just getting out for the third time on Friday. I don’t know how much more I can take from 2020.
On a more bookish note, I did super well on my TBR goals for the first about 20 days of the month. And then I’ve only read one book the last 11 days of the month – which is just insane for me. Nothing has felt interesting, nothing has caught my attention. I’m hoping I will get more into September, because I am participating in another reading challenge – more on that tomorrow for my TBR post. I think it will help me clean up some books I’ve been looking forward to.
See below for the books I managed to read this month!
- A Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (The Hunger Games #0.5), Suzanne Collins – 3.5/5 stars
- Defy Me (Shatter Me #5), Tahereh Mafi – 5/5 stars
- Imagine Me (Shatter Me #6), Tahereh Mafi – 3/5 stars
- Twilight (Twilight #1), Stephenie Meyer – 5/5 stars
- Midnight Sun (Twilight #5), Stephenie Meyer – 5/5 stars
- Impersonation, Heidi Pitlor – 3.5/5 stars (ARC)
- Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women #1), Evie Dunmore – 5/5 stars
- Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards #1), Janella Angeles – 4/5 stars (NG ARC)
- The Boyfriend Project, Farrah Rochon – 4/5 stars
- The Ruin of Kings (A Chorus of Dragons #1), Jenn Lyons – 4/5 stars
- The Worst Best Man, Mia Sosa – 3.5/5 stars
- The Haunting of Hill House, Shirley Jackson – 3/5 stars
- The Morning Flower (The Omte Origins #2), Amanda Hocking – 4/5 stars (ARC)
- A Golden Fury, Samantha Cohoe – 3.5/5 stars (ARC)
- Body Talk, Kelly Jensen – 5/5 stars (ARC)
- A House Is a Body, Shruti Swamy – 4/5 stars (ARC)
- Strictly Come Dating, Kathryn Freeman – 4/5 stars (ARC)
- I Hope You’re Listening, Tom Ryan – 5/5 stars (ARC)
- Legendborn (Legendborn #1), Tracy Deonn – 5/5 stars (ARC)
- Stuck on You, Portia MacIntosh – 4/5 stars (ARC)
- The Love Study, Kris Ripper – 4/5 stars (ARC)
- The Baby Group, Caroline Corcoran – 3/5 stars (ARC)
- The Tourist Attraction (Moose Springs, Alaska #1) – 4/5 stars
- The Lost City (The Omte Origins #1), Amanda Hocking – 4.5/5 stars
How many books did you read this month?
Happy reading, folks!