Happy end of July friends!! I somehow failed this month’s TBR while also exceeding all expectations. Let me explain how that happens. I did NOT follow through on the Four Nations Readathon. I got about halfway, and it served it’s purpose of getting me out of my slight reading funk. So I quit halfway because I got into reading books I didn’t really want to be reading, and that just isn’t fun right? Reading should be fun. So my reading continued to blossom AND I went on vacation for the last almost week of the month. Long car ride + COVID closing everything around us = plenty of reading time.
All this to say that whereas I did not follow my TBR, I read a whopping 31 books this month (I pushed the last book today because I liked the symmetry of 31 books for 31 days of the month. This is seriously WAY more than I would ever read in a month, I’m honestly shocked it somehow happened. It didn’t feel like I was reading this much throughout the month, but I keep a draft of this post all month so I can remember my ratings. So when I looked at it a few days ago and really counted, I was amazed. (Also, several are short story/novellas).
I don’t want anyone to see this and think they don’t read enough. As my partner likes to say, I am very extra. The amount you read or don’t read is valid. I will likely never come even close to this number again, and I blame it entirely on COVID and it stealing my social life and needing to destress by way of books. I can’t be anxious about my own life if I’m anxious about character’s lives!
- The Unhoneymooners, Christina Lauren – 5/5 stars (reread)
- In the Neighborhood of True, Susan Kaplan Carlton – 4/5 stars
- Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1), Tahereh Mafi – 4.5/5 stars
- Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3), 4/5 stars
- All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth #1), Adalyn Grace
- The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1), Suzanne Collins – 5/5 stars
- Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2), Suzanne Collins – 4/5 stars
- Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2), Tahereh Mafi – 4/5 stars
- Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3), Tahereh Mafi – 4/5 stars
- Restore Me (Shatter Me #4), Tahereh Mafi – 3.5/5 stars
- Hieroglyphics, Jill McCorkle – 4/5 stars (also Netgalley but received physical book from publisher)
- With or Without You, Caroline Leavitt – 4/5 stars (also Netgalley but received physical book from publisher)
- Head Over Heels, Hannah Orenstein – 4/5 stars
- Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3), Suzanne Collins – 4/5 stars
- Not That Kind of Guy, Andie J Christopher – 3/5 stars
- The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- The Bride Test (The Kiss Quotient #2), Helen Hoang – 4.5/5 stars (reread) (FourNationsReadathon)
- The Choice, Nicholas Sparks – 3/5 stars (reread) (FourNationsReadathon)
- Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters #2), Talia Hibbert – 4.5/5 stars
- Destroy Me (Shatter Me #1.5), Tahereh Mafi – 4/5 stars
- Fracture Me (Shatter Me #2.5), Tahereh Mafi – 3/5 stars
- One Hundred Dogs and Counting: One Woman, Ten Thousand Miles, and A Journey into the Heart of Shelters and Rescues, Cara Sue Achterberg
- In A Holidaze, Christina Lauren – 4/5 stars
- The First to Lie, Hank Phillippi Ryan – 4/5 stars
- Float Plan, Trish Doller – 5/5 stars
- The Code for Love and Heartbreak, Jillian Cantor – 3.5/5 stars
- In Case You Missed It, Lindsay Kelk – 3.5/5 stars
- Sorry Not Sorry, Sophie Ranald – 3.5/5 stars
- Recommended For You, Laura Silverman – 4/5 stars
- Set Fire to the Gods (Set Fire to the Gods #1), Sara Raash & Kristen Simmons
- A Tortured Soul, L.A. Detwiler – 4/5 stars
Look out tomorrow for my August TBR! I am betting high on myself next month, because even if you don’t reach the moon, you’ll fall amongst the stars!
Happy reading, folks!
3 thoughts on “July Wrap Up!”
Wow! The most I’ve ever read in a month was like, 15 books so this is insane! And some of those books are pretty long too!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I have honestly no idea how it happened! I just kept reading because there’s not much else to do!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Congrats to a fantastic reading month!! I challenged myself one year to read 365 books (it’s a bit much – lol) but it was doable, and I also read a couple novellas and short stories, which makes such high numbers possible.
Also, you read some fantastic books this month, so many great reads. Let’s see if August can be equally awesome 😀
~ Corina | The Brown Eyed Bookworm
LikeLiked by 1 person