Hello again, friends!! It is already the last day of April and I lament the end of this month that was almost completely spent indoors, whether at work or at home. I have never been a huge outdoors person, but my body is desperately missing the ability to go places and just hang out. I also seem to be going through a bout of insomnia, which the internet says could be due to a lack of natural light… but the weather’s been so bad here that I haven’t been able to spend time outside! I am yearning to take a chair outside and read but nooooope not fun in almost daily rain.
Anyway, that’s how my month has been going. I’ve been reading, but it’s been a struggle and I haven’t wanted to read anything I planned to read. (Spoiler alert I did not read everything on my April TBR!) I did however manage to read 18 books this month, but 6 of them were very short, fluffy, Kindle Unlimited books – because it’s what I needed in my life at that time.
- The Wife Between Us, Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen – 4/5 stars
- Magic For Liars, Sarah Gailey – 3.5/5 stars
- Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer #1), Laini Taylor – 5/5 stars
- House of Salt and Sorrows, Erin A. Craig – 4/5 stars
- Well Met, Jen DeLuca – 5/5 stars
TBH I really only wanted to read books on my phone/iPad this month for some reason… I wasn’t interested in physical books at all! So strange for me, because it’s normally always the opposite! Oh well, it was good for my Netgalley ratio!
- The Girl with the Whispering Shadow (The Crowns of Croswald #2), D. E. Night – 4/5 stars
- Chasing Lucky, Jenn Bennett – 5/5 stars
- What Lies Between Us, John Marrs – 4/5 stars
- By the Book, Amanda Sellet – 3.5/5 stars
- A Taste of Sage, Yaffa S. Santos – 4/5 stars
- The Circus Rose, Betsey Cornwell – 4/5 stars
EARC FROM AUTHORS
- Last Memoria (Memoria Duology #1), Rachel Emma Shaw – 5/5 stars
- Love at First Fight (Geeks Gone Wild #1), Maggie Dallen – 4/5 stars
- My Virtual Prince Charming (Geeks Gone Wild #2), Maggie Dallen – 4/5 stars
- Once Upon a Comic-Con (Geeks Gone Wild #3), Maggie Dallen – 3.5/5 stars
- Playing the Enemy (The Trouble with Tomboys #1), Maggie Dallen – 4/5 stars
- Play to Win (The Trouble with Tomboys #2), Stephanie Street – 4/5 stars
- Playing the Field (The Trouble with Tomboys #3), Christina Benjamin – 3.5/5 stars
So that’s that! All 18 books I read this month! I have also revamped my plans for my TBR moving forward, but I’ll leave that for tomorrow’s post!
Happy reading folks!