Happy spooky season! I have a lot of great, spooky, magical, witchy, dark reads on tap for this month (along with the pre-requisite ARCS of course), that I’m so excited about! I haven’t leaned this hard into spooky season before but it’s giving me serotonin just thinking about it and frankly there’s a deficit of that in my life.
The reads I have planned are a mix of backlog thriller BOTM books that I have, YA dark fantasy that I’ve taken out of the library, and some books that involves witches that probably aren’t considered dark. I had a very loose definition of spooky as I curated this TBR and all that matters is that I consider them to be spooky!
As I mentioned yesterday, I am working on reading more audiobooks so there are some of those that I’m planning as well, but they aren’t particularly spooky. It’s just which holds come through when, which I can’t really control! So, all that being said, see below for my October TBR for spooky season.
- The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch #1), Rin Chupeco
- Small Favors, Erin A. Craig
- The River Has Teeth, Erica Waters
- The Bone Thief (The Bone Charmer #2), Breeana Shields
- The Last Legacy, Adrienne Young
- Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove #2), Shelby Mahurin
- The Last Time I Lied, Riley Sager
- The Night Swim, Megan Goldin
- Pretty Little Wife, Darby Kane
- The Last Flight, Julie Clark
- Horrid, Katrina Leno
- The Bronzed Beasts (The Gilded Wolves #3), Roshani Chokshi
- Empire of the Vampire (Empire of the Vampire #1), Jay Kristoff
- The Corpse Queen, Heather Herrman
- Cemetery Boys, Aiden Thomas
- The Royal We (Royal We #1), Heather Cocks
- The Nature of Witches, Rachel Griffin
- The Brightest Star in Paris, Diana Biller
- Within These Wicked Walls, Lauren Blackwood
- Well Matched (Well Met #3), Jen DeLuca
- Donut Fall in Love, Jackie Lau
- You Can Go Your Own Way, Eric Smith
- I Hate You More, Lucy Gilmore
- Year of the Reaper, Makiia Lucier
- You’ve Reached Sam, Dustin Thao
- Never Fall for Your Fiancee, Virginia Heath
- The Lucky Escape, Laura Jane Williams
- Mother of All (Women’s War #3), Jenna Glass
- Dial A For Aunties (Aunties #1), Jesse Q. Sutanto
- Big Girl Panties, Stephanie Evanovich
What are you reading in October?
Happy reading, folks!