I fully planned on having this post together and posted on the first day of the month… but here we are. I took several days off (outside of already scheduled posts) for my birthday and a wedding that we went to – and I have no regrets. BUT I’m back and ready to talk about the books I plan on reading in October. I have a very spooky TBR planned and I’m excited to really lean into the mystery/thriller/witchy books!
So I went through my physical TBR and picked out just about every mystery or thriller that I’ve collected recently to read this month. I also put in a lot of spooky fantasy options from Netgalley/Edelweiss ARCs as well. Of course I have other genres sprinkled in to keep it fresh but there is definitely a theme to this month’s TBR. So, without further ado – see below for my TBR!
- Sisters of Shadow and Light (Sisters of Shadow and Light #1), Sara B. Larson
- Song of the Dead (Reign of the Fallen #2), Sarah Glenn Marsh
- The Last Flight, Julie Clark
- Cemetery Boys, Aiden Thomas
- The Other Mrs., Mary Kubica
- Furyborn (Empirium #1), Claire Legrand
- Kingsbane (Empirium #2), Claire Legrand
- Lightbringer (Empirium #3), Claire Legrand
- The Last Time I Lied, Riley Sager
- Home Before Dark, Riley Sager
- Winterwood, Shae Ernshaw
- Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass #5), Sarah J. Maas
- The Storm Crow (The Storm Crow #1), Kalyn Josephson
- The Crow Rider (The Storm Crow #2), Kalyn Josephson
- The Demon King (Seven Realms #1), Cinda Williams Chima
- Warriors of Wing and Flame (Sisters of Shadow and Light #2), Sara B. Larson
- A Curse of Ash and Embers (Tales of the Blackbone Witches #1), Jo Spurrier
- The Seventh Raven, David Elliott
- These Violent Delights, Chloe Gong
- The Vow, Debbie Howells
- Lies Like Poison, Chelsea Pitcher
- Shipped, Angie Hockman
- She’s Too Pretty to Burn, Wendy Heard
- Truth, Lies, and Second Dates, MaryJanice Davidson
- The Tower of Fools (Hussite Trilogy #1), Andrzej Sapkowski
- The Love Scam, MaryJanice Davidson
- 99 Percent Mine, Sally Thorne
- Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin #3), Robin LaFevers
Will I read all of these? Probably not! And that will be okay. But this feels like a great list to start with for this month!
Are you reading spooky books this month? Tell me which!
Happy reading, folks!